This will be the second time we have run the Passivhaus Designer Course in Hereford and I am really looking forward to it.
It is a great experience running a Passivhaus course in a Passivhaus. There are a number of local Passivhaus projects and last year we managed to visit 2 Passivhaus dwellings. We also took the occupants out for dinner which gave participants the chance to grill them on what it is really like to live in one!
If you are local to Hereford then this is a great opportunity but if not it is a great place to visit. Last year we had delegates from Japan and Edinburgh as well as London and other exotic places.
Early bird rate ends on Friday 22nd July!
week 1: 5th – 8th September
week 2: 19th – 23rd September
PHI Exam: 8th October
Additional online course: Introduction to using Therm to model Thermal Bridges.
Superb Venue: HARC, Passivhaus Building in Hereford
The Herefordshire Archive and Records Centre is the first building of its kind in the UK to be designed and built to the rigorous Passivhaus standard, and has received Passivhaus certification in February 2016.
The building was designed by local Passivhaus Architects Architype. The energy strategy for the archive repository was developed by Alan Clarke and Nick Grant with Building Services design by E3.
Also, winner of RIBA West Midlands Award & Constructing Excellence Awards for ‘Best Value Project’ and ‘Best Sustainable Project’ 2015.
What can you expect when booking with AECB Carbonlite:
Passivhaus and Low Energy Building Design is rapidly becoming an essential skill for architects, consultants and self-builders. Our course will give you the confidence to tackle UK low energy projects along with more specific guidance on achieving the standard of air tightness and thermal bridge free construction required by the Passivhaus standard.
- Our course is delivered by highly experienced UK professionals and leads to international accreditation as a Certified Passivhaus Designer or Consultant.
- Our course is up to date and it is the ONLY course developed specifically for the UK using UK building examples, rather than the European CEPH material taught by others.
Who are the trainers?
This course is written and taught by leaders in UK Passivhaus development. They are the experts who are actually successfully designing/ building Passivhaus in UK: amongst others, Bill Butcher, Alan Clarke, Sally Godber, Nick Grant, Eric Parks, Marine Sanchez, Mark Siddall, and Passivhaus Certifiers Mike Roe, Will South and Peter Warm. Biographies at the AECB/Meet the trainers
Our Hereford Course Programme:
Book Now & get the Early Bird price: full course and exam for only £2000+VAT*. (This offer finishes on the 22nd July – Normal cost £2.4K) Or book individual days:
- 5th Sept – Fundamentals of Passivhaus
- 6th -7th Sept – Science of Passivhaus + Site visit and optional meal out.
- 8th Sept – Construction of Passivhaus
- 19th – 20th Sept – Building Services of Passivhaus + Site visit and optional meal out.
- 21st – 22nd Sept – PHPP **
- 23rd Sept – Revision Session
- International Passivhaus Institute examination – 10am-1pm on Saturday 8th October
*Individual 1 day course £300+VAT and 2 days course £600+VAT (for AECB/PHT members) AECB membership is £45+VAT.
**Need suitable laptop for this module.
If you have any question please contact Ingrid Bravo at 01752542546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org